Thursday, March 23, 2006

Lowry: (Allen vs. Romney) vs. McCain

Rich Lowry, editor of National Review, had a piece yesterday speculating about the upcoming battle for the Republican presidential nomination. Lowry posits that Romney and Allen will be competing for the position as the non-McCain candidate. A good analysis, with some solid points.

While I don't believe we can pin down the Presidential race to McCain vs. X at this point, I do agree that Allen and Romney are essentially competing for the same voter demographic. I am in the interesting situation of having had both George Allen and Mitt Romney as my governor (I lived for a very long while in Northern Virginia).

Romney has some very strong selling points:
-He's smart (Harvard Law, Harvard B-school)
-He's successful (BCG consultant, Bain Capital co-founder [yep], Salt Lake City Olympics]
-He's articulate

While I will be watching Mitt to see if he's the real thing, I am excited about having a candidate who does not fit the media's mold of a good-old boy not-too-bright republican.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Any and all comments made or posted on this blog are the sole viewpoint of said commentors. Romney Report is not responsible for accuracy, content, or nature of comments. Romney Report will try to block unhelpful and irresponsible comments, but will not be held liable for users opinions, writings, or links. Read at your own discretion. Information is provided as is. Lawyers- have I covered my bases now?