Wednesday, March 29, 2006

Romney Declines to Take Stance on Immigration Bill

The AP filed a report regarding Romney's take on the current immigration brouhaha. Romney stated that he does not know the specfics of the bill at hand (McCain-Kennedy), but that he believed in a few important points regarding the issue:
1) No amnesty
2) Don't boot out 11 million illegals
3) And:

Romney wants to smooth the way for more highly-skilled immigrants. “If you graduated at the top of your class at the India Institute of Technology, welcome to the fast track to become a citizen of the US of A. We need your brain power.” [MSNBC article]

Update (3/30): I noticed today my post heading is almost identical to the AP article title. I really thought the article had a more negative title, and I recall choosing my words for the title. So either the AP changed the heading, or I subconsciously penned the same title. Weird.
Update 2: Looking at the link address, the mistake was mine. I must have read the article, read a different one, and then thought I was making my own title when actually writing the APs. Not important, just wanted to clear the water

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Any and all comments made or posted on this blog are the sole viewpoint of said commentors. Romney Report is not responsible for accuracy, content, or nature of comments. Romney Report will try to block unhelpful and irresponsible comments, but will not be held liable for users opinions, writings, or links. Read at your own discretion. Information is provided as is. Lawyers- have I covered my bases now?